Also available in: Español
The Developing Country NGO Delegation to the Board of The Global Fund is currently inviting applications for membership from individuals representing and working with NGO’s in the global south (Africa, Eastern Europe & Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean). The selection process strives to achieve a balanced and representative Delegation with strong consideration for the following qualities:
- Malaria expertise
- Tuberculosis expertise
- Women in all their diversity
- Key population representatives (sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender people and people who use drugs)
- Adolescent and Youths in their diversity
- Strong knowledge in finance, strategic planning, media and human rights, sustainability and transitioning
Specially encouraged to apply are persons from the following regions and countries: Eastern Mediterranean, Middle East and North Africa regions, Latin America and Caribbean and Africa (particularly) Francophone Africa
The Delegation operates in English. Linguists, who possess strong working competencies in the other languages of the Global Fund (Spanish, French and Russian) are encouraged to apply.
Length of Term: The term of office is for a period of two (2) years (2019-2021). The member will form part of a team of delegation members, democratically led by a leadership team (a board member, an alternate board member, a treasurer and a constituency focal point (ex-officio). All, live and work across the developing world. The length of term is also subject to performance appraisal.
The deadline to apply is 29 August 2019.
The Developing Country NGO Delegation
The Delegation aims to contribute to and influence Global Fund (GFATM) policies and practices in an effort to make them continually and appropriately responsive to the needs of those affected by HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and the NGOs and CBOs providing necessary services. The defining feature of this delegation is its ability to bring relevant perspectives as implementers and representatives from recipient countries — based on the knowledge and experience of Non-Governmental Organisations/Community-Based Organisations and Faith based Organisations (NGOs/ CBOs /FBOs) and their constituencies,
The Delegation is a team of volunteers and seek to expand its team with suitable candidates/ members capable of representing the diverse NGO/ CBO/ FBO response to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria on the GFATM Board and to aid in meeting the following objectives:
- Represent the perspectives, views and concerns of Developing Country NGO’s on the GFATM Board in a strategic and consultative manner.
- Inform and positively influence the governance processes of the GFATM to better integrate non-governmental and community based efforts to fight HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria into national and international responses.
For more information on the Criteria for Selection, Terms of Reference for Delegation Members and the documentation to apply, see here.